ORGANIC INDIA CINNAMON whole
Cinnamon sticks are also known as dalchini. The mild spicy yet sweet taste
from Cinnamon Sticks can be obtained from using these during cooking and then removed when finished.
Cinnamon sticks can be used in tea curries, stews, soups, rice, mulled wine, desserts or distilled into extract
. Cinnamon sticks add great flavor, improves food palatability and gives a fabulous aroma to baked goods.
While Cinnamon powder is more convenient, using whole Cinnamon sticks tends to give a fresher taste. Cinnamon sticks have higher levels of the oils that make Cinnamon so compelling. And sometimes, like in rice or cinnamon stick tea you just can't use powder. It would be messy.
HOW TO USE CINNAMON STICKS
- Make Cinnamon Stick Tea - While you can add a stick of Cinnamon to your coffee or tea, to extract the full benefit of Cinnamon you need to slow boil it.
- Add to Curries, Soups and stews - A stick of Cinnamon in Stews, Soups or Asian curries adds a warmth and depth of flavor, especially a beef or chicken curry. Click here for a wonderful array of light Sri Lankan curry recipes, stews and soups.
- Add a whole stick to rice - Add a cinnamon stick to rice as you boil the rice. It is best to use Ceylon Cinnamon sticks, which will give it a wonderful fragrant aroma. Add half teaspoon of Turmeric into the rice too. That will make the rice yellow and very appetizing.
- Make Cinnamon essence for baking - Immerse 2 Cinnamon sticks in 3 ounces of light rum, keep it in a cool dark place for two weeks, shaking it everyday. You can just add this essence to flavor any baking or cooking recipes that calls for Cinnamon essence.
- Foot Wash - Got a bad case of Athletes foot? Break 2-3 three Cinnamon sticks and put it into some warm to hot water and immerse your feet in it for 20 minutes or so. Cinnamon has powerful anti fungal properties that should get rid of your foot fungus.
- Flavored Water - Add one Cinnamon stick to a pot of water on medium heat and bring it to a slow boil, add a slice of orange and take it to work. Its a great refreshing drink.
- Mulled Wine - A stick of Cinnamon, especially Ceylon Cinnamon is an absolute must for making the perfect mulled wine. This tasty hot drink is an absolutely fantastic Christmas tradition.
Manufacturer: ORGANIC INDIA, Indija
Net weight: 100g